December brings with it many opportunities for families of students and Park Ridge-Niles community members to enjoy traditional Holiday Sings and concerts presented by District 64 grade K-8 students during the festive season.
The musical calendar gets underway with a series of evening performances by District 64 middle school students. All will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Instrumental performances will be held either in the school gym at Lincoln Middle School or the multipurpose room at Emerson Middle School:
- On Wednesday, December 5, Emerson’s String Ensemble and Chamber Orchestra will perform, while at Lincoln, the Beginning and Chamber orchestras will play.
- On Thursday, December 6, Emerson’s Symphonic and Jazz bands will hold a concert, while Lincoln’s Beginning Band, Percussion Ensemble and Symphonic Band are scheduled to play.
- Choral performances also are planned for Emerson’s vocalists on Thursday, December 13 in the multipurpose room, and for Lincoln’s on Tuesday, December 18 in Winslow Hall.
Elementary school Holiday Sings are scheduled on the final days prior to Winter Break:
- Carpenter School (north gym) on Thursday, December 20: at 10 a.m. for grades AM Kindergarten, 1-3; and at 1:00 p.m. for grades PM Kindergarten, 4-5 along with the chorus and D.R.U.M. Club.
- Field School (north gym) on Thursday, December 20 and Friday, December 21: Students in Kindergarten and grades 3-4 will perform on Thursday. Students whose last names begin in A-L and all Kindergarten AM will perform a prelude at 9:30 a.m. leading to a 10:00 a.m. performance; students whose last names begin in M-Z and all Kindergarten PM will perform a 1:00 p.m. prelude leading to a 1:30 p.m. performance. On Friday, the same schedule will be followed for grades 1, 2 and 5, with students whose last names begin in A-L performing in the morning and M-Z in the afternoon.
- Franklin School (auditorium) on Wednesday, December 19 and Thursday, December 20: Students whose last names begin in A-L will perform on Wednesday. Grades AM Kindergarten, 1, 3 and 5 will perform at 9:30 a.m., and grades PM Kindergarten, 2 and 4 will perform at 12:30 p.m. On Thursday, students whose last names begin in M-Z will perform; grade levels will be divided the same way, but the afternoon program will begin a half-hour later at 1:00 p.m.
- Roosevelt School (south gym) on Thursday, December 20: Morning performances are scheduled for students whose last names begin in A-L – at 9 a.m. for grades AM Kindergarten, 3 and 5, and grade 5 chorus and chimers; and at 10:15 a.m. for grades 1, 2 and 4, and grade 4 chorus and chimers. Afternoon performances are set for students whose last names begin in M-Z – at 1:00 p.m. for grades 1, 2 and 4, and grade 4 chorus and chimers; and at 2:15 p.m. for grades PM Kindergarten, 3 and 5, and grade 5 chorus and chimers.
- Washington School (gym) on Friday, December 21: at 9:15 a.m. for grades 1, 3 and 5; and at 10:30 a.m. for grades Kindergarten (AM/PM), 2 and 4.